A little about us
Eynsham Cellars is Eynsham’s indie Wine, Beer & Spirit Merchant which opened in 2010 and is owned and run by two enthusiastic chaps named Oli and Iain, the safe-keepers of about 400 different wines, 100 bottled ales & craft beers (mainly local brews), not to mention a wonderful selection of continental lagers and a dazzling & expanding spirit selection. We import over 100 wines deirectly, and supply these to the public as well as the on-trade
We take pride in offering fantastic service, knowing our products, and training all our staff up to give expert advice on those occasions when we aren't here.
If you are interested in joining our small team please see below for vacancies:
Current Vacancies (2)
Part time Assistant Manager required:
25-30 hours per week
Eynsham Cellars is an award-winning independent wine merchant in a thriving West Oxfordshire village. We love working in the wine industry and are seeking an enthusiastic, like-minded individual to join our small team.
Ideal candidates will possess the following attributes:
- A passion for wine (and food hopefully)
- An outgoing, engaging personality, able to work well in a team
- Flexibility (We are open in the evenings, 7 days a week, so some weekend and evening work is required)
- High standard of personal presentation
- Exceptional customer service skills
- An eye for detail
- Initiative to help improve the business, and enthusiasm to learn
- Self-motivated to find and complete tasks in the shop.
- Able to lift and carry cases of wine
- Running the retail shop, ensuring excellent customer service
- Maintaining shop standards
- Organising the shop floor and back of house, maintaining a high standard of presentation and organisation
- Being responsible for Point of Sale to ensure maximum engagement of customers with our products
- Occasion event work such as wine tastings
- Finding and maintaining trade customers
- Generating and following up on sales leads
- Customer relationship management
- Maintaining content on the website
- Managing part of our social media
- Fulfilling orders
- Receiving deliveries and booking in stock
What we offer in return:
- A competitive wage (Circa £19k pro rata per annum)
- Staff discounts
- Tasting sessions
- Opportunities for progression as we are a growing company
- Connections within the wine trade
- WSET level 2 (but not essential as we can train the perfect person)
- A driving licence preferred (but not essential)
- Proficiency at Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday Wine Sales advisor
6 hours on Saturday afternoon/evenings
The candidate must be over 18 years.
About the position:
An exciting opportunity exists for someone with Customer Service skills to join our small team
Some Duties involve:
Welcoming and serving customers
Advising customers on wine, beer and spirits (training provided)
Maintaining shop standards (cleaning etc)
An ideal candidate will have a good wine knowledge. If this is not the case, the successful applicant will be trained through the Wine & Spirit Education Trust so they can be more familiar and confident about what we sell. This training is free of charge. They will also be invited along to portfolio tasting events to meet producers and improve their knowledge.
The hours we are currently looking for are around 4pm-10pm on a Saturday, the hourly rate is in the region of £8.21 to £9.21 per hour depending on experience. Over-time will be available to cover holidays or events.
The candidate will gain transferable experience in the wine industry, as well as gaining a good understanding about running a small business.
The role will involve some lone working, so the candidate must be confident, reliable and engaging
Eynsham Cellars is a small independent wine merchant in West Oxfordshire. Established in 2010, it has grown from a high street shop catering for the local walk-in trade, to an award winning, established regional business with wholesale and online customers. We love working in the wine industry, and work hard to grow the business. At the same time we don’t take ourselves too seriously, and enjoy a laugh along the way. If this sounds like you, we welcome your application.
How to Apply for the Position
Please send a cover letter and CV to us at email@example.com or get in touch to find out more.
About Oli and Iain
Oli has been working in wine shops for over 15 years, and still thinks it's the best job in the world! In his spare time he loves getting away with his wife Jo (who does a proper job as a Teacher) often combining a holiday with a trip to a wine region.
When Iain’s not in the shop, he's either busy being a Dad, or in a field somewhere with the dog. But chances are he’ll be in the shop because he actually likes working there!
When either of them aren't standing behind the counter there is a good chance they are working on finding more drinks to get excited about.